Thursday, June 4, 2009

In June the Moon is Growing Soon

This week has been busy, busy, busy. But there have been occasional evening moments when I could take in the wonderful depth of the dark blue sky-sea with the moon hoisting its billowing sail and sliding across. I tried to capture that depth of evening light the other day - still lingering twlight when the clock said it should be deep night. But I'd need a tripod and delayed timer to avoid the smear and blur that come with late evening pictures even when I steady the camera against a tree. This one came out the best, but it's not exactly crisp:


Tonight, though, I caught the moon near full without too much blur:


That's it for me tonight! Except - isn't this an intriguing flower (if it IS a flower?) . . .


9 comments:

Pop and Ice said...

Your photos are so beautiful! I am rested just taking in your photos. Good night .

Leone said...

Lovely photos. I love the moon. Healing and mysterious. The flowers?? are a beautiful colour. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the flowers look like something that Will Robinson would have seen in space!

Anonymous said...

Looked for your followers button, but could not find it.

Nancy said...

Very peaceful - thanks for sharing.

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks, folks! I'll keep trying to capture an image of how the evening sky makes me feel. By the way, the followers list and follow button are on the right near the bottom of the page. I keep rearranging things . . .

Madame DeFarge said...

Love the picture of the flowers. We always forget to take photos of the little things, tending to go for pictures of buildings and the like. This is really lovely.

Cam said...

Beautiful captures! I do love a summer night!!

Bronwyn said...

I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed perusing through your posts. Have a good week:)