Thursday, December 1, 2011

December greetings

I'm going to try again to do some daily "small stones" - or some days, at least - here:

I snapped this picture of a stone near my workplace. It's some kind of iron ore-laden rock, and has a polished surface that is almost mirror-like. The river is behind me.

I cross that river, back and forth, sometimes several times a day.

Funny thing - just imagining NOT having that strip of wildness, that gap in the concrete city, makes me feel like I wouldn't be able to breathe.


Here's another one of the decorative iron-rich rocks:


May your December be full of unexpected gifts of beauty.

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I looked at that picture and looked at it wondering where was the damn rock then I clicked on it to make it big. Still, it took me some while to figure out that that was the rock and I was seeing your reflection. Too cool.

Sultan said...

That is a fine wish although I am hoping for some moderate December weather if possible.

shoreacres said...

"Almost" mirror-like? Good gosh. Like Ellen, it took me some time to figure it out.

That experience has to be a metaphor for something - I just can't figure it out right now, except to ponder how many times I've seen something right in front of me, and yet not seen it.

That's one fine rock. And some fine human craftsmanship to go with it.

shoreacres said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! Hope it's the best ever, filled with joy and peace. (Well, and some snow, if you're one of those poor snow-deprived folks who's longing for it!)